How To Be On A Home Remodel Show
A home remodel show is a reality television show wherein homes are renovated, redecorated or otherwise have their appearance drastically changed. Extreme Makeover Home Edition on ABC is a great example of this type of show. Applicants who actually make it onto this home remodel show will receive free home improvements with free home improvement materials while those who choose to watch the show will receive home improvement ideas. Even those who volunteer to come out to help with the show stand to gain because they will learn how to do home repairs and receive free home improvement training.
Anyone who’s like to be on this home remodel show will need to take the following steps in order to do so:
1. Go to the show’s web site.
2. You’ll want to download the application either online or by printing it out and sending it in.
3. Part of the application process will require you to explain to the selection committee why your family is the perfect choice to be on this home remodel show. Here’s where you want to make sure to mention the current condition of your home and how essential the makeover is for your family.
4. Use great detail in outlining things like your hobbies, interests, skills and abilities.
5. Make sure that you fill everything in, especially your contact information, including your telephone number.
6. Circle the dates that would work best for you to be on the show.
7. Tell the cast who in your family would be participating if you’re chosen to be on the show.
8. Take the time to read the Form Release Agreement carefully before signing it.
9. You should also take pictures of your home from strategic locations that show the need for improvement and put them on a CD to send to the show.
10. Always go back and proofread the whole application and print it out for your records too.
11. Now you’re ready to mail the application and CD. Make sure to include a self addressed stamped envelope.
Even if you don’t want to be a part of these shows, they can still be a lot of fun to watch. They can also be an inexpensive way in which to get home improvements training. So, make sure to take some time to check them out.